Why join MTF 2018 in Nakhon Phanom?
Mekong Tourism Forum 2018 in Nakhon Phanom, Thailand – June 26-29, 2018:
MTF 2018 is hosted by the Ministry of Tourism of Sports of Thailand (MoTS), in Nakhon Phanom Province, with support from the Provincial Government of Nakhon Phanom, the MoTS Office in Nakhon Phanom, Tourism Authority of Thailand Nakhon Phanom Office, and the Nakhon Phanom Chamber of Commerce. The secretariat of the Mekong Tourism Working Group, the Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office (MTCO) is coordinating the organization of MTF 2018 and related events. The MTF 2018 event program and concept is created and produced by the public-private partnership framework Destination Mekong.
MTF 2018 will introduce the theme “Transforming Travel – Transforming Lives” to open participants’ and hosts’ minds alike by connecting and learning from each other.
Please see more information about MTF 2018 at MekongTourismForum.org.
What’s happening this MTF 2018?
Please view the detailed Program at MekongTourismForum.org
- Mekong Innovative Startups in Tourism (MIST) initiative will host a "Travel Startup Conference" to discuss the opportunity of travel startups in growing GMS Tourism, and toallow for the industry to connect with startups.
- Mekong Mini Movie Festival will introduce the first "Film & Destination Marketing Seminar Conference" in the GMS.
- In the evening, Hollywood will come to the Mekong Region with the Mekong Mini Movie Festival final screening followed by the Mekong Mini Movie Festival Awards Ceremony.
- Mekong Innovative Startups in Tourism (MIST) will showcase startup pitches in front of a jury of industry experts. Anybody is invited to listen and get inspired.
- The Mekong Tourism Forum 2018 Official Opening Ceremony, presided by the Minister of Tourism & Sports of Thailand and the Governor of Nakhon Phanom Province will celebrate successful tourism collaboration in the GMS.
- The Mekong Tourism Forum under the theme of Transforming Travel will kick-off with sessions on Buddhist Tourism, Responsible Tourism, and Child Protection.
- The Mekong Tourism Forum 2018 Gala Dinner will follow the Opening Ceremony with local delicacies, traditional performances, as well as the unveiling of the 2018 Experience Mekong Collection Showcases.
- Mekong Tourism Forum 2018, focused on the theme “Transforming Travel – Transforming Lives” will bring together inspiring speakers from various sectors of the industry to tackle the topic from different sides. Open your eyes and minds how travel is being transformed in these very exciting times.
- The Mekong Tourism Village Experience is living the theme of “Transforming Travel – Transforming Lives” by being the first conference to stage actual conference session in ethnic community-based villages, and engaging both delegates and villagers together for a uniquely immersive and transformative experience. The pioneering concept allows for people from different walks of life to connect and learn from each other. Eight thematic sessions in eight ethnic villages, including a warm village welcome, a traditional lunch, engaging sessions, and interactive village activities from weaving to farming, will make this a true highlight of MTF 2018.
The thematic sessions include:
1. Organic Tourism
2. Adventure Tourism
3. Festivals Tourism
4. Heritage Tourism
5. Religious Tourism
6. Wellness Tourism
7. Food Tourism
8. Eco Tourism
Deleegates will receive a limited edition traditional village shirt from the respective village hosting their session of choice, that is required to be worn for the sessions. Each village is unique, and no experience will be the same.
- The Mekong Tourism Forum 2018 Food Festival will bring together Thai, Lao, and Vietnamese food, and enough material for engaging conversations, with delegates wearing their villages shirts. Local restaurants will cook their specialities to show the power of food as a fabric of experiential and creative tourism.
- The Mekong Tourism Advisory Group (MeTAG) meets to discuss travel and tourism collaboration between public and private sectors to promote the GMS as a sustainable single tourism destination.
Free to Industry Professionals
Limited Space Available! MTF 2018 is free to attend for qualified industry professionals as well as the Mekong Tourism Village Experience (at MTF fee will be THB 3,000). Registrations, to be strictly capped at 320, will be on a first-come first-served basis. Stay informed to know when it’s time to register!